Sunday, December 18, 2016

The end of the world is near and a 17-yo is tasked to save everyone!! Swords & Stilettos only #99 cents! #pnr @KVanRisseghem


The end of the world is near and a 17-yo is tasked to save everyone!! 

Zoe Jabril needs to devise a kick-ass plan to save the world ASAP. Otherwise, Armageddon starts the day she turns eighteen—and if that happens, everything is going to hell. Literally.

She could be any other 17-year-old attending parties and checking out cute guys—except she discovers her best friend is a Guardian Angel and the boy she crushes on is a Nephilim, both sent to protect her from the demons who want her dead.

Now Zoe has to deal with growing feelings toward the Nephilim, who spreads a strange electrical current through her body every time he touches her. And she’s under constant attack from Demons, trying to stop her from fulfilling the Prophecy: a girl will be born who will unite Angels, Nephilim, Fairies and Werewolves to battle evil. Then she has to control newly found talents if she’s to prevent the devil from escaping Hell.

** This title used to be called: The Guardian, a Sword, & Stilettos. **


What Readers Are Raving About
"What a fun story! I really liked Zoe's teen voice. I also thoroughly enjoyed watching two insanely hot guys fight over her. (Isn't that every girl's dream?)

But what I enjoyed most about this story was watching all the beings in the world being revealed. There are so many different creatures involved, each one with their own magic system. The picture painted is of one intense and fun magical world. It hints at a next book, that should be full of some really fantastical magic!" Lizzie C.

"Excellent story! A fast read with lots of action, love and teenage angst thrown together in the fight against good and evil. Can't wait for the next one!" Rob Latour

"This was a great read - kept me interested throughout. The characters are well developed with good dialogue. The writing is well done all around. I would highly recommend this book to anyone! Looking forward to reading more from this author!" -  Angela N.

EXCERPT
I waited on my front steps for Shay. I didn't want to introduce him to my parents. That was just too complicated. After checking my clothes again, I felt for my necklace, a silver chain with an inlaid teardrop tanzanite stone, surrounded by diamond studded wings. My grandma had given it to me on my sixteenth birthday, and I'd thought it was appropriate for tonight. I re-checked the front of my baby pink cashmere sweater. It matched my black--in honor of Shay--Miss Me jeans. I'd had to dig around my closet to find shoes, since my Converses just weren't going to cut it, and settled on a pair of sparkly black kitten heels.

At seven, Shay turned onto the cul-de-sac in a shiny black car: a 1957 Chevy Bel Air with those unmistakable fins. I knew it well, due to dad's fascination with classic vehicles. He pulled into the driveway, hopped out, and strode up to the porch.

I waved, suddenly shy and looked away.



No comments:

Post a Comment