Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Giving Thanks

With Thanksgiving only a week away in the U. S., I've decided this month's post will be about what I am thankful for as far as writing goes.

I'm thankful I have a supportive family. My son and husband cheer me on all the way.

I'm thankful to be able to write, period. I take frequent breaks so I don't get too overwhelmed, but I'm happy I'm able to put pen to paper to begin with.

I’m thankful to have a peaceful location to write. Our apartment is small but it's cozy. No stress at all.

I'm thankful for Internet radio. I listen to trance, ambient, classical and Baroque music while I'm writing. It helps me to relax enough to get in "The Zone" and write. I know some people prefer dead silence but I have to have my beats.

I'm thankful I have some opportunities coming up soon for non-fiction writing.

I'm thankful for the free turkey we're getting from my husband's work. Where it fits in the fridge is beyond me, LOL.

I'm thankful for the good publishers I'm with that support my work (including NNP). I've had my share of duds, but the good ones make up for them.


Those are a few of the things I'm thankful for this year. I love this time of year. I spend it writing as well as baking, decorating, and listening to holiday music. It's cookie season so I'm baking gingersnaps to go with my coffee I drink while I write. May the rest of 2014 be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment