Friday, October 5, 2012

Here's What Happened…

I’ve been writing so many blog posts recently, October being a paranormal authors favorite promo month, that in thinking on what to write for the NNP blog here today I drew a total blank :( I knew that I wanted a post about my newest release, Mystical Mayhem, but on the other hand, I also wanted something sort of Halloween-ish, you know? Now the story has so many paranormal characters in it from the usual vampire and witches, but also very unique characters like a male shapeshifting chimera and a Native American woman with a dragon spirit, that I just wasn't sure what angle to take with the post. My first thought was how about sexy costumes to represent each character.

Well, that started off with problem one – my main character is a chimera. Yeah, that costume exists. Maybe if you started with a dragon costume, then sewed on heads of lion and goat (Do they even exist?)costumes and then ended with a snake tail? Well, I couldn’t even find a sexy adult male dragon costume poking around the internet. I did find this woman with a monster costume. LOL 

Sadly that was the closest I could come to a chimera.

So, I decided to try a man in a cave, since that is what the chimera is when not shifted. Cavemen costumes of course were what came up, and were not sexy by a long shot. So, I failed yet again.  But still, stubborn old me, I didn’t want to drop the idea. So here is a picture of a man in a cave, and I’m calling it done and moving on. It has to get better from here, right?
Sexy at least, right? Thank you for ignoring the fact that the story takes place in Alaska in the winter ;)

Moving on… the woman with a dragon spirit.  Shocker, I didn’t have much more luck. I got Puff the magic dragon, but a long shot from the fierce dragon in my story.

There were dragon slayer costumes that came up in my google search, but yeah, all wrong once again! I know. *sighs* Sexy, just in opposition to what I was going for.

Finally, after endless searching I found this body art that they called a dragon costume. Now, that works.

Moving on! What else is in my story. Well, the typical vampires and witches of course. I knew those sexy costumes would be easy to find, but none of the male vampire costumes resembled Eric Northman or Damon Salvatore to me – I mean no costume required to be sexy vampires there.


But, then I did find this sexy male vampire costume amusing ;) So posting LOL

Okay, sexy witch. Easy! More than a million to choose from. As my husband always says, it is feast or famine around these parts (though he is talking about our refrigerator). How about this one?

This worked for a shifter or werewolf, but disappointed in the no flesh-showing thing.

I would have been happier with Alcide from True Blood.

Now there are many more like mothmen and psychics and such, but they all work for this black ops division of the CIA, so going with that kind of costume and calling an end to this endless searching. 

And, so, that is how this whole blog post happened. Thanks for sticking with me through the process! LOL

Have A Sexy Halloween!
Kiki

Mystical Mayhem, a novella

Blurb:
When rogue shifters capture Aiyanna, a Native American Indian with a dragon spirit, she finds herself tied to the wall of a cave, about to be the sacrifice in their twisted sex ritual. Their intention is to conceive another chimera, the legendary paranormal superman of Alaska. What the group didn’t plan for is the real chimera, Xander, coming to their sacrifice’s rescue.

Once in his cave, as Xander cares for Aiyanna’s wounds and shares a little of his rough life, the two find they’re mates. The next step in their lives should be clear. Instead, in this world gone mad, where paranormal creatures who once lived secretly on the fringes of society are currently joining together for evil purposes, indecision reigns. As lines are drawn, war ensues and personal struggles mount, Xander is called to join a Special Activities Division of the CIA. Decisions must be made even as the mystical mayhem continues around them.

Genres:  Paranormal (Chimera, Dragon Spirit, Vampires, Witches, and then some…), Erotic, Romantic Suspense

Available Now at NNPStore,  Amazon, All Romance Ebooks and Smashwords

Excerpt:
Pain cut like a blade stuck in her wrists each time she hurled her weight forward. Aiyanna needed her Dragon in order to break the ropes that tied her arms above her head. Yet, deep inside this cave, the Spirit remained elusive. A maize-colored light surrounded her – stifled her ability to call to her animal, the only one left to save her.
Rogue shifters had invaded her reservation here in Alaska, or at least what remained of an old one. Aiyanna had no idea what’d happened to the others there, those she called friends and family. She, alone, had been captured, taken in the dark in complete silence. Now, she hung against a cold rock wall listening to a man who’d shifted into a Hawk when he’d gotten frustrated a moment ago, but was now a man again. He fought with the other shifters present, as well as a witch about the specifics of a sex ritual she was to be sacrificed in.
“You listen to me. Bottom line. Ideal or not,” the Hawk-man hissed. “We have a sacrifice: a mystical woman, an Indian with a Dragon Spirit. The bitch is perfect. We have shifters here to represent each element with a corresponding animal. Don’t get all fuckin’ simpering woman on me because you know her.”
“I know of her. She is gifted, maybe too gifted to kill, was all I was saying, Aiden,” spat the witch, though she was wringing her fists in front of her. Aiyanna knew of the witch too – mostly rumors though. Her name was Selene, and she practiced on the dark side of magick despite the way she’d been raised. Selene, like Aiyanna, had lost her mother young.
“You listen to me. I’ve planned this for too long. You knew how it would work. You will do this! It’s your choice how easy or hard your participation will be. Got it? The moon is right. The ritual stones and other shit have been gathered.” The Hawk-man’s voice was rising, beating at the air as his wings had a few minutes ago. “We do this tonight. We kill her tonight! We will all mate with you, witch, tonight! A child will be conceived. One like the legends.”
Aiyanna knew exactly the legend they spoke of. The superman, if you will, of the shifters. She could use his help right about now. Not many had seen him, but the one who shifted into a combination of many beasts at once, the Chimera, saved those in dire need. She felt hanging from a wall, about to be sacrificed qualified as a bit dire.

No comments:

Post a Comment